Blue Quills First Nations College deployed a VMware-based VDI infrastructure on Dell servers, switches and storage. It rolled out VDI to 90 users in four days and has experienced no downtime since deployment.
Blue Quills First Nations College needed to replace aging computers with a more flexible solution that would allow it to focus on new initiatives such as distance learning.
The college implemented a Dell™ Desktop Virtualization Solution with VMware® View™ and Dell Wyse™ zero clients, with help from its trusted IT advisor Imperium Inc. and Dell Premier Partner Redapt Inc.
• Zero downtime with end-to-end Dell solution
• Ability to offer more educational opportunities
• 4 days to implement Virtual Device Interface (VDI) solution for 90 users through Dell partner network
• 50 percent less management time required for supporting infrastructure
• 1-hour recovery point objective (RPO) with off-site replication